Recruiting?

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Walker
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Recruiting?

Post by Walker »

Hello,

Apologies if this is too soon, I had heard that this unit was starting up, but has the unit begun recruiting yet?

Thanks,

Walker
Spectre
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Recruiting?

Post by Spectre »

Hey Walker!

We are, we just finished our very first mission as a community and are taking new pilots. Do you have a preference for Allied or Luftwaffe? Do you prefer bombers or fighters? And what experience do you have with BoX?

No drama if you're fresh, we all have to start somewhere. If you need any one on one training or would like to do some group sessions, we have a lot of people who would love to show you the ropes. The only requirement for membership is that you can commit to fly our campaigns on Sundays - unless real life intervenes - and submit a report for each sortie flown.

Hope to see you around!
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength" - Air Marshal Billy Bishop
Walker
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Walker »

Hello Spectre!

I would prefer to fly German fighters if that is possible. I have been flying in BoX for just a little over four and a half years. I feel pretty comfortable with most aircraft so I don't believe I should require any training outside of squad specific training that may need to happen. Sundays work for me, what time are missions generally?

Thanks,

Walker
Rostic
Captain
Captain

Post by Rostic »

Walker1 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:03 am Sundays work for me, what time are missions generally?
Hi, Walker. Wellcome!
Campaign missions starts at 18:00 UTC.

Also Thursday is our usial training day. You can hop in our TeamSpeak at about 1900UTC. Someone will come and talk to you.
Address: 85.214.75.242
PW: feenix

Also you should join our Discord server:
https://discord.gg/th3wJDuseJ
Walker
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Walker »

Thank you Rostic, I've joined the Discord and will join the Teamspeak when I get a free chance as well.
Mephisto
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mephisto »

Welcome, Walker!

Have you ever considered a war winning career in a glorious German JABO unit? Mud Movers are flying the mighty Fw-190 F-8 fighter-bomber configuration with 7./KG51 in the current campaign and get mixed up in all sorts of stuff: bombing, strafing, air combat, running away... You name it! We have spots available and would be happy to show you the ropes.

Here is the video from our latest adventure:

https://youtu.be/rLnLk2g29dM

I should be around on Thursday evening on TS and we can have a chat if you are interested.
Andvarus
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Post by Andvarus »

Mephisto wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:26 am in all sorts of stuff: bombing, strafing, air combat, running away... You name it!
Sums us up pretty perfect, but we still need to train the running away part. I like my new Pilot you know :?

Hey Walker glad to hear you are interested in our new Flying Groupe, as allready mentioned just hop on the Team Speak on Thursdays 20:00 CET. If Thurday doesn't work for you hop on TS anyway. At most times at least someone is online. ;)
Walker
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Walker »

Thanks Mephisto and Andvarus. If there is a need for pilots in 7./KG51, I have no problem helping there, and I can join the Teamspeak tomorrow if you wanted to discuss further as well.

Also, excellent video Mephisto!