Hello, interested in participating

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
amadeus

Hello, interested in participating

Post by amadeus »

Hello, saw one of your recruitment videos and was interested in potentially participating in your Sunday multiplayer events.

I’m fairly new to flight sims, sorta got initially pulled in with the recent release of MSFS2020, then ended up learning about IL2 and DCS, and got pretty hooked on the single player IL2 stuff.

I’ve tried a wee bit of multiplayer here and there, but it’s only been solo and not sure I want to participate with totally unstructured randoms, so figured something like this would be a bit more appealing way to get into multiplayer.

I prefer to fly allied fighters in general (been spending a lot of time in the P-51D lately, both in a Normandy campaign and the QMB). I’d say my overall skill level — I play with all the aids turned off except warm engine and spectator (I like the spectator setting because it’s fun to check out the damage or watch a quick flyby of myself), so I’m quite comfortable with take offs, landings and navigation. My actual dog fighting skills are fine for single player, but pretty garbage against other people.

I’m down to participate however you all think might be best for a newbie to flight sims (fine with getting whatever grunt work, although would prefer playing allies if possible, it’s not a deal breaker for me by any means).

Anyways, if there is an opening to join, happy to learn next steps.

Cheers and thanks for reading,
Amadeus
Last edited by amadeus on Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paddy
Major
Major

Re: Hello, interested in participating

Post by Paddy »

Hello Amadeus,

Welcome to FTC fella!

It definitely helps that you're already adept at flying but we're happy for any skill level to join us, so wherever you need to polish up, someone's bound to help you. We still allow the HUD to be used, that's optional but I'm a purist myself and think you get more out of the sim by flying with aids off. External views in Campaing however, are disabled, so you'll only have external in your own single player jollies.

Don't worry about your combat skill level - just like the real pilots you'll be thrown into a battle and learn on the job, you'll find your learning shoots through the roof from that!

The recruitment officers are around and about somewhere and should be along to drop you a note.

Any questions you have or concerns always feel free to drop me or anyone a note, we all muck in together and were once joining a group for the first time.

Paddy
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: Hello, interested in participating

Post by Dadnar »

Hey Amadeus,

My experiences with unstructured randoms on multiplayer servers is what brought me here.

Getting in touch with us through Teamspeak or discord is the best way to get started.

Sign on to Discord: https://discord.gg/th3wJDuseJ

Spigot, Passion and myself are on the recruitment team. Feel free to message any of us directly on Discord.

Teamspeak server:
Address: flyingtincans.com
PW: feenix

Thursdays and Sundays around 18:00 UTC are the best times to find someone to help.

Dadnar