Hello!

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
RSharpe

Hello!

Post by RSharpe »

Hi everyone! I'm quite new to IL-2, (about 20 hours) and am only just starting to get back to base alive on single player missions. I found out about FTC through YouTube and discord and thought you guys looked like a great way to play multiplayer and learn more about the historical doctrines and SOPs used by different aircraft and forces.

I currently only have the BOS pack and have been flying the yak 1 and Bf.109 F4. Would be happy to fly bombers or ground attack too depending on the need. My plan was to wait until this next steam sale to stock up (most of) the rest of the game, but don't mind buying a pack if needed to join in sooner.

I've just hopped into the discord (username FSharpe) and was going to get TeamSpeak set up tomorrow.
Beasting

Re: Hello!

Post by Beasting »

Hi there,

there is a sale right now on il2 website and it works with stea. You only need to link your il2 and steam accounts :)
Guido
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by Guido »

Welcome to FTC!

We welcome pilots of any experience and we'll help you so you feel ready to take part in our campaign missions. Generally it's our RAF units that currently have room for new pilots and the Spitfire V is the most commonly used aircraft in the current campaign - available very cheap as a collector plane at the moment. However, it's all open to negotiation depending on your preferences.

One of our recruitment team will be in touch to help you get sorted out.

Looking forward to flying with you :D
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Post by Dadnar »

Welcome RSharpe!

I see that you joined our discord, so I'll contact you there as well.

Guido has already covered the big stuff. Feel free to connect with us on our Teamspeak server during the week as well for casual flying. European pilots are pretty active, and you can almost always find some pilots on Thursday ~20:00 UTC. The North Americans fly on Fridays at 8pm EDT. Feel free to also post in our "Fly-out" channel on discord as well

Teamspeak server:
Address: flyingtincans.com
PW: feenix

Dadnar
Mephisto
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mephisto »

Welcome to FTC! This is a good place to learn the ropes if you are willing to put the time. Many pilots also fly causally and you learn much more and faster when flying in a group on coms instead of flying alone.
Spigot
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Spigot »

Hello and welcome!

I gather Dadnar has been in touch so you're on the way with getting involved.

Look forward to seeing you in the sky!

Spigot