Hi guys

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
lapwin

Hi guys

Post by lapwin »

Good to see your A20 formation on our Clash of Eagles server this evening. Good flying! Do you guys plan more flights, if so we can rally up opponents.
Another question; if me and other guys from the 1st.ROF Netherlands want to join your sunday evening campaign is that ok? Let me no please and if you we need to disband our squad in order to join?

All the best. S!

Lapwin
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: Hi guys

Post by Dadnar »

Welcome Lapwin!

I am glad you caught our A20 formation this evening. We do a fair amount of casual flying that is mostly organized in our discord server's "fly-out" channel: https://discord.gg/th3wJDuseJ

Our main focus is our historical campaign on Sundays from 17:30-21:00 UTC. You do not need to disband your squad in order to join; We are not an exclusive group. Feel free to join our discord and teamspeak server and one of our recruiters can chat with you about how to get started with us.

Teamspeak server:
Address: flyingtincans.com
PW: feenix

Dadnar
Rostic
Captain
Captain

Post by Rostic »

Welcome, Lapwin.

I was one of the A20, almost made it home, but ran out of fuel 10 miles of coastline. Lesson learned, next time we take 100% of fuel :D

About participation our campaign. All as Dadnar wrote. I just want to mention that our campaign is very much relays on pilots predictable attendance and pilots balancing between squadron according to historical situation.

Basically, if group of pilots want to join campaign it usually means that they will be spread among free slots in our group existing squadrons. As far as I know recruiters can trying at least save pairs of pilots that usually fly together in one squad. This is just for Sunday campaign missions only.

Also, regular attendance in campaign missions is important. Worst acceptable attendance is 50% of missions. Usually our campaign consists of several phases, which divided in 6 missions. And we have two weekends break in between phases.

Well, as Dadnar said just hop in TS any evening around 18:00UTC and talk to our members. And of course join our Discord server. So recruiters can contact you directly trough Private Message.
lapwin

Post by lapwin »

Thank you guys for your swift replies and intel. I will look you up Discord and gather info and chat a bit. We are a tight bunch, flying on and off since 1996. Www.1strof.com

We used to organise and fly warbirds SL’s and EMC’s. So we are familiar with balancing issues.

Some of us are on vacation etc. But as said; I talk to you guys soon!

Blue skies,

lapwin