Keen to join from Australia

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Slipper45

Keen to join from Australia

Post by Slipper45 »

Hi All,

My name is Daniel, and I'm new (a few months) to the Il-2 Franchise, and having watched some of your campaign stuff on YouTube, I am keen to join if you will let me.

I have a bit of a background with real warbirds (I am not a pilot art, photography and other stuff is my bag) and have a lot of primary research into Second World War aviation stuff as well, so I have a big interest more generally.

That said I can fly the Spitfire IX in the game following RAF procedures as best as possible, albeit my landings are still a bit dicey. Am okay with the Spitfire XIV, which I find far easier to get off the ground and land. Plus I can sort of drive the Hurricane, and am sort of okay with the Typhoon.

The only other type I can drive so far is the P-38, which I am enjoying a lot (and take-offs and landings are okay). Yet I am also keen to learn other types, and with rare exception have almost all planes in the Great Battles series available to use in-game.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Daniel.
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: Keen to join from Australia

Post by Dadnar »

Hi Slipper45,

Two Australian applicants in a row! In case you do not know, our campaign runs from ~17:30-21:00 UTC which depending on where exactly you are in Australia, is likely not the most convenient time. We have a couple of Australians here who find that our campaign is worth the sleep disruption however. You share a lot of interests with most of our members, as we are all very interested in the history of WWII aviation and we do what we can to make our campaign as historically accurate as possible. I think you will like it here.

Don't worry too much about your skills as we have people that can help get you to where you need to be to fly in our campaign. I promise, it is not too strict.

The next step is to meet with one of our recruiters so we can assign you to an appropriate squadron. The best way to do that is to join our discord server:

Discord: https://discord.gg/th3wJDuseJ

Once you join discord, one of our recruiters will contact you. Let us know if your name in discord is different than on this forum so we do not miss you.

Looking forward to flying with you,

Dadnar
DavviZ
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Post by DavviZ »

Welcome to FTC Slipper45! I hope you'll join in the fun!
Slipper45

Post by Slipper45 »

Hi Dadnar and and DavviZ,

Thank-you for the welcome and the information on what to do as well.

All the best,

Daniel.
Slipper45

Post by Slipper45 »

Hi Dadnar,

Also, just to let you know I am Slipper45 on Discord and have joined FTC on DIscord.

Cheers,

Daniel.