Grüße aus Taiwan

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
TailEC

Grüße aus Taiwan

Post by TailEC »

Hi,

My name is TailEC (short for Tail End Charlie, call me Tail :)) from Taiwan. I’m new to flight simulation and has been into IL-2 GB for just a couple months. In IL-2, I feel most confident flying the Bf 109s and Fw 190s. Although still group-looping from time to time, I would say I am getting better from each flight.

I saw FTC’s videos on Youtube and find them very cool. The campaign between 17:30-21:00 UTC could be a bit challenging for me at UTC+8, but I would definitely want to try if I got the chance. It would also be nice if I can find some people in similar time zones to have some casual flyouts from time to time.

Aside from flight sim, I’m interested in WWII aviation history and stories of the war as a whole. I would gladly share my reading and listening list on Kindle and Audible if anyone is interested. I speak German as well but hasn’t got many occasions to use it since college. Who knows, vielleicht können wir künftig auf Deutsch labern 😄

Thanks for reading the message.

Best,

TailEC
Spigot
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Grüße aus Taiwan

Post by Spigot »

Hello, welcome to FTC!

Your time zone does sound challenging, though we do have some mad folk who also fly at unsociable hours (getting up at 4/5am).

We have two German speaking Axis units, so you may be able to find a home there and have occasion to wheel out your knowledge of the language!

One of our recruitment team will be in touch (as best they can with the timezones) and we'll see what we can sort.

Spigot