Hello from Prague (the one in Czech Republic :) )

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Kalipero

Hello from Prague (the one in Czech Republic :) )

Post by Kalipero »

Hello everyone,

my name is Kalipéro and I am from Prague, Czech Republic.

I would like join FTC, leaving ACG, where I was flying in 4./JG26 and 7./JG26, together with Blaky, Storyteller, Extralarge Pampa, Zsozso and the lot, for last two years.

I started flying (regularly) in IL-2 two years ago, when I joined ACG. I also fly DCS from time to time (mainly warbirds, but I recently installed the A4-E community module as well), but mainly in single player, since I don't feel proficient enough to fly it in competitive multiplayer. With that said, I don't mind flying DCS MP with someone who knows how things work :)

I would like to join FTC to have a chance to continue flying with the guys that left ACG and to have a similar, if not better, experience in doing so.

I enjoy readig fantasy, sci-fi and history books and I earn my living as a librarian / sys admin and occasional developer at the Charles University in Prague. I also do historical fencing, so sometimes I wish I had a longsword in my plane, instead of the cannons and machine guns. ;) But I guess it would be to much for the IL-2 devs to handle :D

Cheers,
Kalipéro
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: Hello from Prague (the one in Czech Republic :) )

Post by Dadnar »

Welcome to FTC Kalipero!

There are a few of us around here who tinker with DCS when we are not flying in the Sunday campaign; Both warbirds and modern. My son is interested in a longsword class that is offered here locally. I thought about doing that with him, but alas, I have too many hobbies.

Glad you decided to fly with us and I look forward to meeting you.

Dadnar
Spigot
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Spigot »

Welcome Kalipero to FTC!

I look forward to you meeting new folk, and flying with or against you in campaign!
Kalipero

Post by Kalipero »

Dadnar wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:24 pm Welcome to FTC Kalipero!

There are a few of us around here who tinker with DCS when we are not flying in the Sunday campaign; Both warbirds and modern. My son is interested in a longsword class that is offered here locally. I thought about doing that with him, but alas, I have too many hobbies.

Dadnar
Thanks for welcoming me, Dadnar.

I hope your son will attend the class, fencing is a really nice hobby to have, and pretty useful too - for body coordination and so on. It can be rather expensive, but I think it's still cheaper then hockey or something similar ;)

K.
Kalipero

Post by Kalipero »

Spigot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:52 pm Welcome Kalipero to FTC!

I look forward to you meeting new folk, and flying with or against you in campaign!
Thank you for welcoming me, Spigot! I am looking forward to what's ahead of us in the campaign!

K.
Pampa

Post by Pampa »

Dadnar wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:24 pm Welcome to FTC Kalipero!

Dadnar
Hi Dadnar, he definitively shall do the longsword class - I attended a weekend-long class a couple of years ago and it is amazing. And, if you have one of these longswords in your hands, you have the impression that you "can solve all your problems now" :-)