Hello from the States

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Birddog

Hello from the States

Post by Birddog »

Hi All,

Bird*dog here, reporting for duty o7

A bit of background for me: I’ve been playing flight sims since I was a kid, and a WWII history junkie since my 30s. About 5 years ago a friend introduced me to the best of both worlds - IL2. I fly in VR and as an enginerd my simpit is constantly changing lol

Probably like most I started out just doing SP and some Co-op, but then the AI opponents got a bit stale and I went looking for trouble on the dogfight servers. These days I usually jump on Combat Box or Flugpark, but I’m not in a squadron so I am usually solo or tagging along with friends that happen to be online at the same time.

I am happy to fly anything and enjoy the merits of both Allied and Axis aircraft. On the allied side I usually gravitate toward British aircraft. If in a fighter/attack role I have a bad habit of resorting to turn fighting no matter what aircraft I’m in - my BnZ skills need some help! I am also happy to fly heavies and deliver the mail.

FTC sounds awesome - I would very much like to learn how to better fly as part of a coordinated team, and the historical missions look great! I haven’t flown as much as I’d have liked over the past few months, but I’m trying to get a head start on my New Year’s resolution to play more IL2. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make the Thursday practice flights due to being stuck at work (I’m on the east coast of the US) but should be able to make it most Sundays, if you’ll have me that is!
Rostic
Captain
Captain

Re: Hello from the States

Post by Rostic »

Hello, Birddog!
Welcome to FTC. Nice to have you with us! I noticed you already joined Discord so now just wait until one of our "recruiting officers" contact you through PM in Discord or on this forum.

Until then, I recommend to read some information about our campaign https://pam.flyingtincans.com/#/documentation-general and download skins https://pam.flyingtincans.com/#/campaign-skins.
Also some useful information can be found in Discord channel "information".
Drace
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: Hello from the States

Post by Drace »

A hardy welcome from Pennsylvania Appalachia!
"Accept reality by staring into the face of death"