interested in joining....

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
JimmDee55

interested in joining....

Post by JimmDee55 »

Hi all, Jim here from Mid_America (St. Louis,MO) and I'm very interested in this group. I did IL-2 years ago, I have some of the DVD,s but I probably need assistance in getting everything all setup again. Over the years with all the different versions and DVD's, I am not sure which IL-2 I need to have installed, what order, it used to be confusing to me and I stopped after a computer update. I now have a new puter, X-plane 11 ( and XP10, & MSFS 2020*too - not too impressed*) and have been with various VA's over the years. Kinda dropped out from the VA thing and sim flying very little these days. I was searching for WW II bomber groups to maybe fly actual mission flights from WWII history. (my Dad was a B-24 bombardier-57 missions over Germany, never got a movie ;) ) This site/group is what I found. What next? What IL-2 do I need to get installed?
Thanks, Jim
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: interested in joining....

Post by Dadnar »

Welcome JimmDee55!

To answer your main question, we are currently using the IL2 Great Battles series of games. You can download it at their website:

https://il2sturmovik.com/

I would hold off on making any purchases at this point until we have had a chance to talk about your experience and our current squadron openings. Each theater game(Battle of Normandy, Battle of Boddenplatte etc) allows you to fly a specific number of planes and we would want to make sure you are getting the planes you need to fly in our campaign. It sounds like you are interested in flying bombers? I believe our bomber squadron is currently full at the moment. Are you interested in fighters or ground attack?

The next step is to get in touch with one of our recruiters so we can chat about your flying experience, what our campaign is about, and answer any questions you might have. The best way to do that is to join our discord:

Discord: https://discord.gg/th3wJDuseJ

Once you join discord, send me a message. I will also keep an eye out for you. Let us know if your discord name is different than your forum name here so we don't miss you.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Dadnar