Hello FTC (from U.S.A.)

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Toaster

Re: Hello FTC (from U.S.A.)

Post by Toaster »

Rostic wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:34 pm
Toaster wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:58 pmSo there is a way you can use Discord without installing the software on your PC? I am not a Chrome (Google) fan either, but maybe there is a solution that would work for me.
My smartphone so old so app is crashing everytime and I switched to web-version and it works just fine. If you can use web-version on desktop or smartphone or tablet, then you'll get all content we provide.
Thanks for the info Rostic. Would there be an advantage to running the Discord web-server/browser on an iPad where it could be accessed during gaming sessions? Or would the smaller size be too small for what you all are using it for (i.e. would be better to use a PC monitor)?

S!
Rostic
Captain
Captain

Post by Rostic »

Toaster wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:17 am
Rostic wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:34 pm
Toaster wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:58 pmSo there is a way you can use Discord without installing the software on your PC? I am not a Chrome (Google) fan either, but maybe there is a solution that would work for me.
My smartphone so old so app is crashing everytime and I switched to web-version and it works just fine. If you can use web-version on desktop or smartphone or tablet, then you'll get all content we provide.
Thanks for the info Rostic. Would there be an advantage to running the Discord web-server/browser on an iPad where it could be accessed during gaming sessions? Or would the smaller size be too small for what you all are using it for (i.e. would be better to use a PC monitor)?

S!
You can use it wherever you prefer. I think on PC desktop it will be easier to interact with UI. Basically you'll need just check messages from time to time and watch briefing video stream.

Here is a link to WEB-version of Discord.
https://discord.com/login
DavviZ
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Post by DavviZ »

Welcome to FTC Toaster!
Toaster

Post by Toaster »

~S~

Thank you sir! I just discovered your Y-Tube channel also, enjoyed watching the 2-v-2 video just now!
Toaster

Post by Toaster »

Satchel wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:17 pm No worries. Glad u like the videos.
Yes you can use Discord without having the app installed. You can also have it on your phone since its a little more secure when i comes to apps. But you can use discord in any internet engine that you want. Internet explorer, Google chrome and Firefox. I personally hate the app because it doesn’t display everything as easily as the Internet page.
Try it out. Just type in discord into whatever search engine or internet browser you use. It should come up and then you can use it just like the app. The app offers other things like streaming and such but only a few people use it.
Discord is pretty important. But ya, see if u can use it without installing the app
I sent a PM, however it appears to be stuck in my outbox, is that normal?
Rostic
Captain
Captain

Post by Rostic »

Toaster wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:04 am
Satchel wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:17 pm No worries. Glad u like the videos.
Yes you can use Discord without having the app installed. You can also have it on your phone since its a little more secure when i comes to apps. But you can use discord in any internet engine that you want. Internet explorer, Google chrome and Firefox. I personally hate the app because it doesn’t display everything as easily as the Internet page.
Try it out. Just type in discord into whatever search engine or internet browser you use. It should come up and then you can use it just like the app. The app offers other things like streaming and such but only a few people use it.
Discord is pretty important. But ya, see if u can use it without installing the app
It will look like stuck until recipient finally read it.
Forum is a place we visit not very often :)
Toaster

Post by Toaster »

[/quote]

It will look like stuck until recipient finally read it.
Forum is a place we visit not very often :)
[/quote]

That’s kind of what I figured, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

S!