Hello FTC

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Cosito

Hello FTC

Post by Cosito »

I am new to IL2 (10 hours) but saw a video on youtube and instantly knew I wanted to join.
I am in your discord with the same ish username (cosito3269)
Waiting to join
Cosito

Re: Hello FTC

Post by Cosito »

Nevermind, I do not want to, I fear this being too serious for me.
bye
Rostic
Captain
Captain

Post by Rostic »

Well, I do not know what you mean by 'too serious'. But if you tried single player campaign and like that, able to take off and land, then you are ready for our multiplayer campaign. The only serious thing we expect from members is regular attendance (50% of missions is acceptable minimum).
Our next campaign starts 1 September, so you have plenty of time for basic training (take off and land). For example during WW2 in USSR VVS young pilots had about 10 hours in real aircraft before sent to front (in early years 41-42).
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Post by Dadnar »

Cosito wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:11 pm Nevermind, I do not want to, I fear this being too serious for me.
bye
No need to feel pressured into joining. You could join one of our casual flyouts and go from there if that feels better.

You'll find that most of us are not intimidating and are just a bunch of nerds that really like airplanes and WWII history.

Dadnar