hello, alternative plane to typhoon?

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
pauledge

hello, alternative plane to typhoon?

Post by pauledge »

hello, i have just been speaking with a couple of your lads on TS and it was suggested that i learn to fly a typhoon and its engine managment, i have just realised though that i dont have access to that game atm until i buy normandy which i cant really afford at this time..

are there any other fighters that are good for ground attack, and taking out instalations at enemy sites.

i have all the other versions of BoS.

Aiken
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: hello, alternative plane to typhoon?

Post by Aiken »

Plenty of aircraft in the game can fulfill a similar role (P-47, P-38, Fw190 just to name a few) if you're talking just general flying and in most cases can also carry a larger payload than the Typhoon, albeit without as much firepower in terms of cannon.

The main reason you'll have been steered towards the Typhoon however isn't because it's the best at that job (though it's still good), but because it's the aircraft doing the ground attack work for the Allied side in our current campaign scenario and all other Allied squadrons will be flying as Fighters (Mostly Spitfire IXs) or full-blown Bombers (A-20s). There's also a Jabo (Jagdbomber i.e. Fighter-Bomber) unit on the Axis side flying Fw190s.

If you're looking to join it'd be helpful if you can give a quick indication of your experience level as well as your desired faction, role and/or aircraft if you have any particular preference. That way our recruitment boys have the information they need to find the best fit for you squadron-wise. But do bear in mind that a given squadron may change aircraft between campaign phases (which each last 6 missions) so there's no guarantee (in fact it's downright unlikely) that you'll be able to consistently fly your favourite plane.
pauledge

Post by pauledge »

Thanks Aiken.

Ive been playing on the EU server for around a year, have mainly flown as axis in a 109. I have also played a few times on wings of liberty, trying my hand at more realistic play except with map icons.

so i will be pretty bad at navigating atm and i don't know anything about engine management, but i am keen to learn as the EU server is fun for fast action but a little to arcade with tags, ability to lock onto pilots and external views etc..

i really don't mind which faction i play for, but i would like to fly a fighter and i do enjoy clearing the path for bombers and taking out AA guns to make it easier for them to drop bombs..

but any fighter role is good for me.

i thought i probably would have to learn more than one plane, but i was really just looking for a recomendation of a good one to start with.

Thanks again. ;)
Andvarus
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Post by Andvarus »

Hey Paul, I was nice to speak to you two, and I hope we will see each other in the air real soon. And if you really want to fly Ground Attacker the Fw190s still have space for english speaking gents :)