Looking to Enlist!

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Corrupt1on

Looking to Enlist!

Post by Corrupt1on »

Hi y’all,

I am interested in joining FTC and was not sure what else to put in here. I started getting into flight sims around 2014 and have been loving it ever since. I always wanted to be a pilot, but with my eyesight not being 20/20, I ended up serving in the infantry instead. I dabble between DCS and IL2, but have been dedicating myself to IL2 mostly. I have about 510 hours into IL2 and feel like I am just now getting the hang of Multiplayer n getting shot down less. I have flown both axis and allied in that time period and enjoy the axis side much more. On combat box I mostly run strike packages in the A-6 and after the bomb load is gone, start patrolling objectives to defend until my fuel is low. I have been flying solo this whole time and am just looking for some fellow wingman to fly with and be able learn from them to enjoy the IL2 experience that much more.

https://combatbox.net/en/pilot/14565/Co ... n/?tour=43
Woop
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: Looking to Enlist!

Post by Woop »

Welcome to FTC Corrupt1on!

It's good to see you're interested in what we do.

Flying solo on Combat Box must be a maddening experience :D

Hop on our Discord and we'll get you ready for the campaign, if you're interested in all that!

https://discord.gg/th3wJDuseJ
Mephisto
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mephisto »

Welcome Corrupt1on!

We have a dedicated German Fw-190 JABO unit in the campaign. We fly Fw-190 F-8s, like to bomb stuff and occasionally get mixed up with some fighters. Thursday is our usual training day. I should be online around 2000Z on TS on that day and have a chat.

Otherwise you can always hop TS during the week, European evening time is best. Someone will come and talk to you.

TS data:

Address: 85.214.75.242
PW: feenix

Also you should join our Discord server:

https://discord.gg/th3wJDuseJ

Our usual Campaign missions starts at 19:00 UTC each Sunday.
Corrupt1on

Post by Corrupt1on »

Thank you gents, I will go ahead and get the discord set up / TS once I am home. Look forward to speaking with y’all soon o7. 0000-0700 UTC is when I will be most active during the week due to work. Weekends and off days pretty much can fly all day if I have nothing going on adulting wise.

Yes, CB is definitely a challenge flying solo and can be a pain sometimes when there’s 30 teammates online and 0 people on comms.
Andvarus
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Post by Andvarus »

Hey Corrupt1on, looks like you found the right people if you need some back up.

As Meph and Woop already mentioned just hop on our TS and we will get you started. Flying alone will not be a problem for you anymore.

Hell man when you're with us you can join our Airfield raids with up to 8 Pe2's.

I really look forward on meeting you, allways a plesure to meet some fellow ground attack enthusiasts. 8-)