Hello folks .. Old virtual Lawn Dart looking for some team shenanigans

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Radar105
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Hello folks .. Old virtual Lawn Dart looking for some team shenanigans

Post by Radar105 »

Stumbled across some brilliant YouTube Videos by Sheriff and thought I would shuffle over here and say Howdy.

I have been flying virtually for over 20+ years. Multiplayer wingman in CAF96th Squadron in Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 1,2 and 3. Then our squad moved later to IL2 Sturmovik and we enjoyed all the expansions. We had weekly skirmishes, missions and formation flying and carrier landing nights. (record of 22 Corsairs on a flat top in MCFS 1).
I long for the days of old with some like minded historical combat aviator enthusiasts. Some cheeky banter and making smoking lawn darts. Canadian with particular familiarity with Allied birds hoping to join in.

Best regards,
Radar
DerSheriff
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: Hello folks .. Old virtual Lawn Dart looking for some team shenanigans

Post by DerSheriff »

Welcome and glad that you like the videos :)

I am sure the right people come back to you soon. :D
Spectre
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Spectre »

Hey Radar!

Always glad to see fellow Canucks floating around, we have spots available in most of our allied squadrons so you have many options. Currently one of our squadrons is representing the RCAF so we may be able to get you into a home-town squadron! Hop on our TS sometime and look for myself or HardeKoning.

FTC TeamSpeak address is: 85.214.75.242
PW: feenix

Also you should join our Discord server:
https://discord.gg/th3wJDuseJ
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength" - Air Marshal Billy Bishop
Radar105
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Post by Radar105 »

Thoroughly enjoyed myself flying with DerHammer, Dadner and Ryolitt .. thank you kindly for the opportunity!! I am definitely interested in more. I tried flying with my HP Reverb G2 and... I couldn't spot a thing beyond a km lol Plus fumbling for keyboard keys. I ordered Track IR 5 as soon as we finished. :D
Karrt
Major
Major

Post by Karrt »

for vr settings I use this post as a baseline: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28 ... ent=576648

(it is most of the way down on the 6th page by SCG_Fenris_Wolf as for some reason two threads got merged somehow, link should bring you right to the correct one)
VietKong
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by VietKong »

There are plenty of guys with the reverb here and im sure they could help out with optimizing its performance. Its one of the best on the market and Id hold on buying the track ir for now until you are sure.
Konaber
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Konaber »

Having a TrackIR-ish solution as backup in case WMR does have it's 5 min is not a bad idea tbh.

Welcome Radar, hope you will enjoy it! :)
Radar105
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Post by Radar105 »

Karrt wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:46 am for vr settings I use this post as a baseline: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28 ... ent=576648

(it is most of the way down on the 6th page by SCG_Fenris_Wolf as for some reason two threads got merged somehow, link should bring you right to the correct one)
Thanks for that Karrt .. I will give it a go tuning my settings. I have a beast of a machine and its easy to make the Reverb G2 look pretty at 90 FPS .. but the ID and spotting is definitely an issue.
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Post by Dadnar »

Radar105 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:47 am Thoroughly enjoyed myself flying with DerHammer, Dadner and Ryolitt .. thank you kindly for the opportunity!! I am definitely interested in more. I tried flying with my HP Reverb G2 and... I couldn't spot a thing beyond a km lol Plus fumbling for keyboard keys. I ordered Track IR 5 as soon as we finished. :D
Nice flying with you as well Radar. If you had fun with us Wednesday, wait until you experience a campaign mission!

Dadnar