So about this "joining" thing

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Dergell
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

So about this "joining" thing

Post by Dergell »

What's there to say, I heard there is a new campaign and I finally pulled the trigger and would like to join.

Hello everyone, I'm Dergell, which probably no one can pronounce, but that's totally okay. I played B-17 quite a few years ago and then recently rediscovered IL-2. Since then I've accumulated 200 hours, can fly "most" of the planes and would love to give this campaign thing a try.

I'm also already on the Discord with the same name.
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: So about this "joining" thing

Post by Dadnar »

Welcome to FTC Dergell!

I'll be in touch with you via discord soon.

Dadnar
Snowy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Snowy »

Welcome to FTC Dergell. If you like bombers check out the Raiders. Where did you hear about the campaign?
Our job is getting bombs on targets
Paddy
Major
Major

Post by Paddy »

As in Der-Gull or Der-Jell? I suspect the former, no?

Welcome to taking the plunge! We've all been there one time or another ourselves, so shake off that trepidation and step right into the Mess. Crikey charlie, you'll find a bunch here, and bunch there, and a bunch, why everywhere. That's the nature of this place.

Glad to have you onboard and there'll be plenty people ready to help you out.

Paddy
Dergell
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by Dergell »

Snowy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:41 pm Welcome to FTC Dergell. If you like bombers check out the Raiders. Where did you hear about the campaign?
Thank you! Well I already knew about ACG from Sheriff's videos and noticed the formation of FTC, but I wasn't interested in joing at that time. Then you posted about the new campagin on reddit and I thought why not.
Paddy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:01 pm As in Der-Gull or Der-Jell? I suspect the former, no?
Yes, the former is more like it. It's a word from old south-western German dialect. My granddad used to call me like that when I was a child, my brothers continued and somehow it ended up online as well.
Konaber
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Konaber »

Dergell wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:58 am Yes, the former is more like it. It's a word from old south-western German dialect. My granddad used to call me like that when I was a child, my brothers continued and somehow it ended up online as well.
South-West Germany + Dergell -> Schwabe? :D

Welcome, and greetings from Freiburg im Breisgau, hope to see you soon :)
Mephisto
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mephisto »

Willkommen! Looking forward to seeing you during campaign!