Greetings, from a newcomer

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Derplo
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Greetings, from a newcomer

Post by Derplo »

Hi Everyone!

I am interested in joining your campaigns. I am an English speaking virtual pilot located in the states. I am available Sundays (except for this Sunday July 3rd due to holiday travels)! I have IL2 Box (all expansions except for Normandy at the moment). Am willing to fly either Axis or Allied, whichever needs more people! I also own and regularly play DCS, Cliffs of Dover / Tobruk, and to a lesser extent Rise of Flight. Would love to join you guys for a new campaign, sounds like an excellent time!

I've pre-emptively joined the Discord with the same callsign: Derplo via the invite link provided on the reddit post

Side question- Do you guys use SRS, or is it strictly Discord/TS when in missions?

Thanks!
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: Greetings, from a newcomer

Post by Dadnar »

Hey Derplo,

Welcome to FTC. You have quite the virtual flying resume. To answer your question, we predominately use Team Speak for campaign comms and Discord for our mission briefings. Some of us use SRS for casual flying, but it is not needed for our campaign.

I will get in touch with you through discord and we'll get you flying with us soon.

Dadnar
Snowy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Snowy »

Hi Derplo and welcome to FTC. As Danar says SRS is not used during campaign. I use it when on Combat Box.where did you hear of the campaign?
Our job is getting bombs on targets
Paddy
Major
Major

Post by Paddy »

Crikey, sounds like you’re only missing that bag of nonsense flight sim; warchunder isnt it?

Be great to have you on board. I probably should have noted in our Campaign overview that we are global with many of your fellow countrymen flying with us - so plenty of new mates to make in the US alone!

Let the madness begin.
Konaber
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Konaber »

Derplo wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 am Am willing to fly either Axis or Allied, whichever needs more people!
Very good, and we don't forbid to switch sides, tho usually between campaigns, makes planning easier :)

Welcome, and see you in the skies o7
Mephisto
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mephisto »

Welcome to FTC. As the boys said we have plenty of US based pilots so there are regular fly outs during the week in that time zone. FNF at CB is also visited by FTC regularly. Looking forward to welcoming you during a campaign mission. If you ever fancy ground attacks in fighter-bombers, ask to join the Mud Movers! Preview of what we do:

https://youtu.be/pS1Y8a-dgfM