My Introduction (Icer_CRO)

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Icer

My Introduction (Icer_CRO)

Post by Icer »

Hello everyone,
I have flown a couple of sorties in IL-2 MP and found that you're dead meat if you don't fly in team. What I do very well in MP is whine about how OP the allied planes are :oops:
Ironically enough, I flew a sortie with Riksen (in a Spitfire mk9) and he was polite enough to link me up here. Regular presence on Sundays should be doable as far as I'm concerned. I can fly Allied and Axis planes (Soviet not really).

Would like to try the campaign, if possible. No hard feelings if not, just looking forward to some organized teamwork.

I've been with Il-2 since it came out in the early 2000's (incl. Pacific Fighters, 1946...) but never really online. When time allows (family, work) I play DCS, Il-2 or WT("sim").

Regards
Icer
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: My Introduction (Icer_CRO)

Post by Dadnar »

Hey Icer,

I usually feel anything I am flying against is OP.

I am glad you were able to fly with Riksen. You are likely to find out that flying in our campaign is a very different experience. People fly very differently when they only have one pilot life. We require a certain amount of commitment to attend missions on Sundays and if needed, training on weekdays. Real life is important and we understand that missions will be missed from time to time. Let me know if this all sounds doable, and we will get you set up with a squadron to fly with.

Dadnar
Hannibal
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by Hannibal »

Hey Icer,
almost every sunday evening there is a mission. Attending this one to the best of your abilities . You're not going to be kicked out if you don't make it every now and then, but you should be there regularly. FTC is still a hobby, not a job, but people but in a lot of effort and time to make these missions possible, this must be respected. Plane assignment will be based on campaigns, so at some point you might be required to fly Soviet planes.

Weekday trainings are not mandatory, but it helps if you can show up.
Just jump into the team speak best case during the week (Thursday evening works best, other days work too) and talk to the folks that are there. They'll pick you up. Otherwise show up on Sunday before the mission starts, so you can have a chat of what to fly and which squadron will take you with them.
Snowy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Snowy »

Hello Icer, welcome to FTC. See you in campaign.
Our job is getting bombs on targets
JoLeTrembleur
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Post by JoLeTrembleur »

Hey Icer, welcome :)