Looking to Join

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
OGIcemanVR

Looking to Join

Post by OGIcemanVR »

Hello. Dave here. I was talking with one of your members and wanted to join in on the fun. Been playing il2 for a long time. And enjoy the storyline concept. :geek:
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: Looking to Join

Post by Dadnar »

Welcome to FTC Dave.

Which member were your talking to? I will have to thank them for making my job easier.

If you haven't already, join our discord so I can get in touch with you about joining.
https://discord.gg/th3wJDuseJ

Cheers,

Dadnar
KingBob
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Post by KingBob »

It was me Dadnar. If you really want to find more people, start hanging out in the Finnish discord.
How many men have you killed?
Not men, fascists. 309
Lyudmila Pavlichenko
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Post by Dadnar »

KingBob wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:17 am It was me Dadnar. If you really want to find more people, start hanging out in the Finnish discord.
I'm am thankful that you are able to be there Bob. Keep up the good work!
OGIcemanVR

Post by OGIcemanVR »

Thanks. I can fly just about any fighter and most attack aircraft.
Snowy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Snowy »

Welcome to FTC Iceman
Our job is getting bombs on targets
OGIcemanVR

Post by OGIcemanVR »

So I'm a little lost on what's next? I know that you need TeamSpeak because you don't use Discord but that's as far as I've gotten.
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Post by Dadnar »

OGIcemanVR wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:59 pm So I'm a little lost on what's next? I know that you need TeamSpeak because you don't use Discord but that's as far as I've gotten.
Standby to be overwhelmed with information! Talking to a recruiter is the next step. We will make sure sure you know what we are about and how our campaign works. Assuming you agree, we will talk and you will be assigned to a squadron representing a historical unit in the current campaign. We are currently doing a campaign based on the Ardennes Offensive.

After you get assigned a unit, there are a couple of minor technical things to setup. These are primary Teamspeak, downloading skins through HSD and getting you familiar with the PAM (Pilot and Mission Database). After that, you get to get familiar with your unit by flying casually before the mission (if you like).

Missions are most Sundays at 17:45-21:00 UTC. We generally do a 6 weeks of missions and then take a two week break. We are currently on a break and will start our next series of six missions on August 28th. Now is a great time to join as you have a lot of time to get setup and meet your squad mates.

I just sent you a PM in Discord :)

Dadnar