Greetings Aces!

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Shawnmeister

Greetings Aces!

Post by Shawnmeister »

Greetings aces high, my name is Shawn from Malaysia.

I’m pretty fresh to the whole IL-2 Sturmovik & COD series (thank you Steam sale) with a basic joystick setup and head tracking.

I’m looking to learn and improve my flying skills whilst meeting and making friends with fellow pilots. The attention to detail in historical accuracy for your campaigns is just beautiful. I love WW2 history so this is gonna be crazy mad fun just being able to replicate history whilst listening to the roar of aviation engines.

Currently only have BOS and can only fly the BF109 F4 / G2 currently but eager (and trying) to learn Complex Engine Management amongst other things to really get the full flight simulator experience (and so I can fly Russian planes).

Also waiting for the next IL-2 sale to get my hands on the full collection (if the price gods are kind)

Have joined the discord and I look forward to meeting and flying with you aces.
Rostic
Captain
Captain

Re: Greetings Aces!

Post by Rostic »

Hi, welcome to FTC.

Right now we are on a campaign break for two weeks. But next Sunday 2022-11-06 will be test mission of upcoming campaign Kuban 1943.

So, I recommend to join TS on Sunday in between 1815-1845UTC (usual campaign mission day) or on Thursday after 1930UTC (training day). Some one will talk to you and help with joining.
Or maybe one of our recruiting officers PM you directly on the forum or in Discord.

Nice that you already joined discord server. It is first place to get news.

Here is our teamspeak:
Address: flyingtincans.com
PW: feenix
-> Set up Push-To-Talk
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: Greetings Aces!

Post by Dadnar »

Hey Shawnmeister,

Welcome to FTC. Our next Campaign will use the Kuban DLC which will start November 13th. Our Campaign runs from 17:45-2100 UTC. Are you sure that's not too early in the morning for you?

I sent you a message through discord. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Dadnar