Hello! Just want to lurk for now

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
rude

Hello! Just want to lurk for now

Post by rude »

Hey all! I joined the discord, but just saw the rule about joining the forum first.
So, I just registered to make this intro post.

I haven't done a flight sim since Air Warrior III back in like 1998-2001, but joining a squadron and running scheduled sorties with people all around the world was so cool, especially when the internet was so new to me.

I went on to be an Electrical Engineer and was a scientist at an aerospace testing complex for a while.

Anyway, hello! I don't even have a flight stick now, I just have been watching IL-2 vids and am kicking the tires on getting back into it... so basically I want to lurk the discord and watch the conversations, learn about Track IR, etc etc

xoxo,
Jesse || Rude Tech
Spigot
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Hello! Just want to lurk for now

Post by Spigot »

Welcome to FTC Rude.

Sounds like you have some experience. Feel free to ask questions in our Discord and take a look at videos of what we do. I'm sure we'll inspire some money spent wisely on a stick etc and have you joining before long!

Spigot
rude

Post by rude »

Spigot wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:13 am Feel free to ask questions in our Discord and take a look at videos of what we do
Thank you! I've already gotten a lot of help from taking a look at the discord convos. I've got an ebay set of HOTAS and rudder pedals on the way, and Stalingrad and Flying Circus vol I downloading. HOW to buy the IL-2 content is almost harder than equipment and keymapping, but I've gotten help from the discord folks and YouTube.

For anyone else who is brand new to the series and in the position I was in re: figuring out how to buy the content properly, these videos were really helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB2StWjR0o0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDknTENVEYk
Kurse
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurse »

Welcome Rude! Come fly with us when you get your new gear set up, I'd love to hear more about your job in aerospace testing.