Hi everyone

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
Raven

Hi everyone

Post by Raven »

Hi all my Name's Stuart i'm completely new to this Virtual Sqn idea but i've been playing Il-2 since 2004.

I really have no idea what to do or what is needed/ required for download to get myself to standard here or to just fly with you all. Would i need Flight training?
i'm not on Discord or anything so what would i need to add to to my PC? I have a Mic headset.
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Dadnar »

Welcome to FTC Stuart,

I will try and answer all your questions.

We are a flight simulation community who's main focus is a historically accurate multiplayer campaign which runs most Sundays from ~17:30-21:00 UTC. We are currently using the IL2 Great Battles game. Our current campaign is the Channel 1942, focusing on the Dieppe raid. You will need the following to participate:

1. We use Teamspeak for communications while flying. Here is the download link: https://www.teamspeak.com/en/downloads/

Here is our server information once you get Teamspeak installed:

Teamspeak server:
Address: flyingtincans.com
PW: feenix

2. We use discord for most of FTC's text based communications and information.

Here is our discord server link: https://discord.gg/th3wJDuseJ

3. Once you join our discord server, you will need to chat with one of our recruiters. They can help get setup to fly with us and determine if you need some training to fly in campaign. We will keep an eye out for you and contact you in discord when we have seen you have joined.

4. We require all applicants be able to taxi, takeoff, land and follow a wingman while using the most realistic settings in the game (full engine management, no navigation aids etc). If you need help in any of these areas, we have people that can help.

5. Depending on where you get assigned you will likely need the Spitfire (Vb and IX) if Allied. Axis pilots need the FW-A3. If you are interested in Bombers, you will need the A20. One of the recruiters can further clarify the aircraft requirements when we chat through discord or teamspeak.

I hope that clarifies a few things up. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them here and I will try and answer them.

Dadnar