Hello from =GEMINI= Squadron

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
IngegnerTommy

Hello from =GEMINI= Squadron

Post by IngegnerTommy »

Hi Guys,

You might have seen us around, GEMINI is an all-Italian squadron flying on il-2 since few years, we mainly fly during weekdays late evening (you'll tipically see us after 20.30 UTC/22.30 CET) on Combat Box/Apollo, TAW and some events.

We've seen some videos and info of your PvP campaigns, they look extremely cool so we were wondering if they are open to "guest" squadrons. So we have few questions:

- Can players from an existing squadron join the events and play toghether in the same squadron (just by ourselves or mixed with FTC or "solo" players, of course, if needed to fill the slots - no problem to speak english if we're mixed with other players obviosuly) ?

- What is the event timeframe? My understanding is the events are on (every?) Sunday at 19.00 UTC, correct? What is the event duration (3 hours) ? Are multiple sorties allowed or single-life event? Due to the earlier time that usual for us we might have only a few players available, but of course we adapt to what you offer !

Any further info (e.g. what are the steps to register to each Sunday etc.) would be appreciated.

Hope we'll get a chance to join, we're really not picky on side/role as we like to do anything and we mostly care for being part of a cool immersive historical event most of all.

S!
DavviZ
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Re: Hello from =GEMINI= Squadron

Post by DavviZ »

Hi IngegerTommy!

GEMINI is a well known squadron in the community, it's good to see you here!

In FTC, IL-2 squadrons are free to join FTC and become members without losing their previous squadron identity. We have plenty of members who are part of other squadrons that also partake in our campaigns :)

Initially, you will be mixed around with different squadrons within FTC. This is simply a precaution to make sure you adapt to our community. I was part of a squadron and we joined FTC. I appreciate that we were mixed up since we got to see different parts of the community and got to know more people. Of course, after you guys are integrated into the community we will do our best to try and collect you all into the same squadrons so you can play with each other.

The campaign mission starts 19.00 UTC, however there's briefings ahead of the mission so around 18.15 UTC - 21.00 UTC depending on squadron. Some squadrons fly two sorties, sometimes only one. Depends on the planning. You can read a older brief of a mission here: https://pam.flyingtincans.com/#/campaig ... briefing/3

Also, a recruiter will be in contact with you via discord :)
Welcome!
IngegnerTommy

Re: Hello from =GEMINI= Squadron

Post by IngegnerTommy »

Thanks for the quick reply!

It seems you a have a very reasonable approach to get people to familiarize with the community, sounds good!

I understood there's an ongoing campaign at the moment (1942 Jubilee), you think it would be possibile to have a couple of us (or even just myself) join already this Sunday, so that we could capture the essence of it and relay the experience it to our teammates and see how many would be interested? Happy to do all the steps needed (registration, review of rules and briefing etc.) in case there's the chance, of course.