Greetings from Arizona

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
zenbastard

Greetings from Arizona

Post by zenbastard »

Good day folks,

I'm just very interested and happy to have stumbled on this group.

First, my son and I are both interested in joining you though I, as the most video game/ history facile will be the first to try.

Most importantly, however, I stumbled on this while looking for something my 85 year old father was interested in: WWII flight simulator. He's a huge history enthusiast, most especially with regard to WWII, and no longer very mobile physically. My intention being to learn the ropes, determine whether I can teach them to him (he's got quite a powerful rig as far as a computer goes), and go from there.

Certainly I'm familiar with computer and IT - I work in IT - but I couldn't figure out how to download the software in this case. Is it STEAM? PC? Are there recommended system requirements?

Certainly I respect the amount of effort and attention to detail that this group has put in to this endeavor, and would diligently do my prep work before attempting to engage.
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: Greetings from Arizona

Post by Dadnar »

Welcome ZenBastard,

We would certainly be happy to have you and any of your family fly with us if it turned out we were a good fit. We are currently using the IL2 Great Battles flight simulator for our campaign currently. We have just started a Normandy '44 campaign which will last until May or June of next year. You can get that through Steam, but you can also download it through the company website: https://il2sturmovik.com/

It looks like you have made it to our discord server, so I will contact you there to give you an idea of what we are about and what you need in order to get started.

Dadnar
zenbastard

Post by zenbastard »

I purchased Normany and Stalingrad, but currently the UI is completely baffling: I see no way to download the program, no link, and no response to support.

How on earth do people access the program? All I've gotten was a receipt.
Karrt
Major
Major

Post by Karrt »

Hey Zen,

I think many of us play by having purchased battle of stalingrad on the steam store, and then only buying the other modules directly from the online store.

However I know some people use the standalone client, and it looks like if you are logged in to the account that you purchased the modules with, you can download the client here: https://il2sturmovik.com/download/

If you don't have an account yet, you may need to make an account and associate your purchase keys to it.

-Karrt