Greetings from Brazil!

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
TonyKito

Greetings from Brazil!

Post by TonyKito »

Good morning!

I'm interested in joining FTC to fly in your guys' campaigns! I've watched a few of the youtube videos by both Wolfpack345 and Karaya on some missions of the Kuban 43, Channel 42 and Normandy 44 Campaigns and I am interested in joining!

My name is Tony and I've been playing flight simulators for over 20 years, and IL-2 Great Battles specifically for about 7 years, though I also have about 18 years experience with the previous iterations of IL-2 as well. I own basically all the content for Great Battles save for the Normandy expansion itself, which I haven't had particular interest in purchasing since my main area of interest is mostly the Eastern Front. I do own Bodenplatte, however, so I have a good array of Western aircraft, as well as the A-20B from BoK and the C-47 collector plane.

In terms of squadron to join, I'd be interested in flying either a P-47D-28, A-20B or C-47, though I don't know if it's as easy as saying "I want to fly X" to get assigned to a squadron.

In any case, I'm itching for some of the action I've seen in the videos of the Campaign! I would love to fly with other like minded and aviation passionate folks.

Cordially,

Tony Kito
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: Greetings from Brazil!

Post by Dadnar »

Welcome to FTC TonyKito,

You sound like a great fit for FTC and your background is very similar to a lot of us here. I think you can participate if you do not own the Battle of Normandy expansion. Knowing what you like to fly is helpful, but ultimately, it comes down to where we have space. The good news is I believe we can likely get you in a P47 or Spit IX squadron which you should already have.

The next step is to get in touch with one of our recruiters so we can chat about what our campaign is about and answer any questions you might have. We will also discuss our various squadron openings and where you would best fit. The best way to do that is to join our discord:

Discord: https://discord.gg/th3wJDuseJ

Once you join discord, send me a message through discord. I will also keep an eye out for you. Let us know if your discord name is different than your forum name here so we don't miss you.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Dadnar
VietKong
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Greetings from Brazil!

Post by VietKong »

Tony.Effing.Kito, we meet again. :lol: