New Pilot

Welcome to the Flying Tin Cans! Please post here if you are interested in joining us!
WingedKreature

New Pilot

Post by WingedKreature »

Hi, I have been playing IL-2 for a little over a month now, a game I have wanted to play since 2013, I just never had a suitable pc prior to now.

I have been playing in Combat Box nearly daily over the past two weeks, and I am really enjoying the more realistically curated missions. I started looking for squadrons to join today, and I found FTC. I appreciate historical-type missions and would enjoy being a part of your campaign.

Gear:

I have a good mid-range PC rig with a 27" 1080p monitor, a VKB Gunfighter with VKB throttle, Smoothtrack headtracking, and a mic. I plan on getting Crosswind BF-109 pedals before too long.

About me:

I have loved aviation and been interested in aerial combat (and WWII history in general) since I was young, and am very passionate about WWII aircraft. I grew up playing arcade air games such as Ace Combat (4, 5, Zero, recently 7), Heroes of the Pacific, Secret Weapons over Normandie, and Lethal Skies.
In high school I got my first flight stick and Birds of Steel on PS3, which was my first taste of something resembling a sim.

I was a cadet of my local Civil Air Patrol in high school, and I had great experiences on multiple orientation flights in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk.

I have attended various air shows and aviation museums in the last decade, ranging from locations in the USA from my home of Georgia, to Virginia, and Colorado.

I also have read many aviation books, with a few of my favorites being "Fighting the Flying Circus" by Rickenbacker, "I flew for the Fuhrer" by Heinz Knoke, and "Fighter Pilot" by Paul Richey.

On a side note, I only speak English.

Experience:

In relation to recent sim experience, I have a few years of a background in War Thunder sim battles, so I have overall an understanding of flight concepts and combat techniques. I used MEC in WT, though it was a few years ago that I last played (I'm rusty) and so I have been sticking with German aircraft since joining IL-2.

Aircraft that I have significant experience in from War Thunder (understanding that there will be a learning curve getting acquainted to them in IL-2) include:

ME 109s (preferred is the F-4) - My primary IL-2 fighter line
P-38s
P-40
C.202/205
FW190s
Early War Russian fighters (LaGGs, Yaks, I-16s etc.)

I am not limited to these aircraft, and I would be interested in learning to fly fighter aircraft of all types and factions. I am generally only interested in piloting fighter aircraft, however, though I would be open to jabo roles as well.

I look forward to flying with you all soon, and I'm eager to learn what I can and be part of a passionate community!

~ Winged Kreature
Dadnar
Junior Warrant Officer
Junior Warrant Officer

Re: New Pilot

Post by Dadnar »

WingedKreature wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:41 pm
ME 109s (preferred is the F-4) - My primary IL-2 fighter line
P-38s
P-40
C.202/205
FW190s
Early War Russian fighters (LaGGs, Yaks, I-16s etc.)
Welcome to FTC WingedKreature!

Your primary fighter line is very compatible with our current Stalingrad 1942 campaign. I see that you have made it to our discord, so I will contact you there.

Dadnar
WingedKreature

Re: New Pilot

Post by WingedKreature »

Great! I'll be on the lookout! o7